The Cosplay Village is a section at Gamescom where you can find many cosplayers. This is a place for photographs, photo booths, artist alley, as well as cosplay repair area. For this year, there’s a cosplay of the year award. This award is quite new and the first prize is a trip to Japan.
4 Areas to see at the Cosplay Village:
– Photobooth Action: A place for cosplayers to get photographed in a themed setting.
– Artist Alley: Workshops and exhibition of the artists works
– Cosplay Wrought: A repair shop for your costumes and accessories
– Gamescorner: A place to relax and play video games
There are also tons of different characters all around Gamescom – either in cosplay or figurines. We took several photos of cosplayers as well as characters.
– Dates: Thursday – Sunday, 14 – 17 August 2014 (13 August for Press/Trade)
– Location: Koelnmesse GmbH Messeplatz 1, 50679 Cologne, Germany